AGH/FVM Foundation Board Member Job Description
The support and commitment of volunteers is essential to the Foundation’s success. Members of the Board undertake a significant responsibility to contribute to our fundraising goals, govern the Foundation and to be accountable for its performance.
Expectations of Board Members
Board membership carries particular duties and expectations to help us achieve our goals and ensure the long-term effectiveness of our efforts. Your support and commitment is greatly appreciated and is vital to our success.
Board members have six primary roles:
- Evaluate the Foundation’s progress by keeping informed and asking questions
- Carefully review financial statements
- Contribute to development of policies and procedures
- Members are expected to be fully prepared for all Board and Committee meetings.
- Be a passionate supporter of the Hospital and Manor and of the need for community support
- Act as an ambassador in the community on behalf of the Foundation and the organization, explaining the work of AGH/FVM to those with questions
- Cultivate contacts regularly, suggesting ways to interest and involve them in supporting AGH/FVM and the Foundation
- Lead by example with a gift that is meaningful to you
- Consider the AGH/FVM Foundation in your estate plans
Fundraising and Stewardship
- Suggest individuals, groups and corporations to be approached for support, facilitating access where appropriate
- Participate in cultivation and solicitation calls to ask for support
- Participate in stewardship visits to thank donors and inform them of our progress
Recruitment of volunteers
- Assist in identification and recruitment of committee and Board volunteers
Board and Committee Involvement
- Attend and actively participate in Board meetings
- Participate actively in at least one committee
- Read materials and prepare for meetings in advance
We understand that Board members have many responsibilities. We commit to being efficient and effective in all meetings.
Board meetings are held at 8 a.m. the first Thursday of the month and typically end by 9:30 a.m. The agenda is distributed in advance to give you sufficient time to read and prepare for the meetings. There are no regular meetings in July or August.
- Committee meetings last no longer than 90 minutes
- There are a number of special events during the year at which Board participation is requested
- Work is also generated through committee involvement
Serving on the Almonte General Hospital/Fairview Manor Foundation Board of Directors is both an honour and a significant responsibility. The experience of serving on the Board is rewarding and offers opportunities for personal growth and accomplishment.
Your support and contribution of time, talent and treasure is valued. Thank you for choosing to make a difference in the quality of health care in our community.